College: Engineering and Technology
Department: Department of Computing and Maths
Teaching Subject Area: Senior Lecturer in Cyber Security
My main research interests are:
- Network security
- Ad hoc networks
- VANET (Vehicular Networks)
- Trust management
- Security awareness and training
My research involves the implementation of trust and security in Mobile ad hoc Networks. I’m currently supervising one PhD student, Farhan Ahmad, we are working on the trust in Vehicular ad hoc Network (VANET)
My ResearchGate profile can be found here
- Fellow of the HEA
- Member of the British Computer Society
- Member of Women in engineering Society
- Women in Security
- IEEE member
- IEEE VTS society (Vehicular Technology Society)
- Athena SWAN at the university of Derby
- Development of BSc in Cyber security (starting September 2016)
- Program leader of MSc Cyber Security and BSc Cyber security
- Module leader for undergraduate and post-graduate modules
- Supervising final Year and MSc dissertations
- Chair of the international Workshop in Trust in Cloud computing (IWTCC 2014, 2015) in conjunction with IEEE UCC
- Chair of the International Workshop on Trust for the Converged Cloud and Internet of Things (CCIoT 2015)
- Chair of the International Workshop on Risk and Trust in New Network Developments (RT2ND 2015) in conjunction with ARES 2015
- Session chair of 2014the International Conference on Connected Vehicles and Expo (ICCVE)
- Reviewer for :
- The IEEE International Smart Cities Conference (ISC2) 2016
- IEEE International Workshop on Security, Trust, Privacy and Analytics (STPA 2016) in conjunction with AINA 2016
- International Conference on Cyber Situational Awareness, Data Analytics and Assessment (CyberSA 2016),
- International Conference on Complex, Intelligent, and Software Intensive Systems (CISIS-2015)
- SARSSI 2008 , DYNAS 2010,
- F. Ahmad, M. Kazim, A. Adnane, “Vehicular Cloud Networks: Architecture and Security”, in Guide to Security Assurance in Cloud Computing, Springer, 2016.
- A. Adnane, C. Bidan, R.T. de Sousa, “Trust-based security for the OLSR routing protocol”, Computer Communications, Volume 36, Issues 10–11, June 2013, Pages 1159-1171, ISSN 0140-3664, doi:10.1016/j.comcom.2013.04.003
- J. Yi, A. Adnane, S. David, B. Parrein, “Multipath optimized link state routing for mobile ad hoc networks”. Ad Hoc Networks. Volume 9, Issue 1 (January 2011), pages 28-47. doi=10.1016/j.adhoc.2010.04.007
- R.T. de Sousa Júnior, A. Adnane, C. Bidan, L. Mé, Vulnerabilidades e Proteções do Protocolo de Roteamento Ad Hoc OLSR sob o Ponto de Vista
- F. Ahmad, A. Adnane, “Evaluation Platform for Trust in Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks”. Poster, EUROSys conference, April 18-21, 2016, London.
- F. Ahmad, A. Adnane, “A Novel Context-based Risk Assessment Approach in Vehicular Networks”, in 30th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications Workshops (WAINA’16), March 23 – 25, 2016, Crans-Montana, Switzerland
- F. Ahmad, M. Kazim, A. Adnane, Abir Awad, \Vehicular Cloud Networks: Architecture, Application and Security Issues”, in 8th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Utility and Cloud Computing (UCC’15), December 07 – 10, 2015, Limassol, Cyprus
- M. Loughline, A. Adnane, “Privacy and Trust in Smart camera sensor networks” , International Workshop on Risk and Trust in New Network Developments, ARES 2015.ISBN: 978-1-4673-6590-1.
- F. Ahmad, A.Adnane, “Design of trust based context aware routing protocol in vehicular networks” Ninth IFIP WG 11.11 International Conference on Trust Management, 26-29 May 2015, Hamburg, Germany.
- Q. Alriyyami, A. Adnane, K. Smith, “Evaluation criterias for trust management in Vehicular Ad-hoc Networks (VANETs)”, , The 3rd International Conference on Connected Vehicles & Expo (ICCVE 2014).
- Jiazi Yi, Sylvain David, A. Adnane, Benoît Parrein, Xavier Lecourtier. Multipath OLSR: Simulation and Testbed. 5th OLSR Interop/Workshop, Vienna : Austria 2009.
- A. Adnane, C. Bidan, R.T. De Sousa, “Trust-Based Countermeasures for Securing OLSR Protocol,” IEEE International Conference on Computational Science and Engineering, 2009. CSE ’09, vol.2, pages 745-752.doi: 10.1109/CSE.2009.130.
- A. Adnane, Christophe Bidan and Rafael Timoteo de Sousa Jr. Validation of the OLSR routing table based on trust reasoning , International Workshop on Trust in Mobile Environments(TIME 08), colocated with iTrust/PST. Presented at Trondheim, Norway, June 17th 2008.
- A. Adnane, Christophe Bidan and Rafael Timoteo de Sousa Jr. Effectiveness of trust reasoning for attack detection in OLSR, The 6th International Workshop on Security in Information Systems (WOSIS2008). Presented at Barcelona, Spain. June 2008.
- A. Adnane, Rafael Timoteo de Sousa Jr , Christophe Bidan , and Ludovic Mé. Autonomic trust reasoning enables misbehaviour detection in OLSR, the 23rd Annual ACM Symposium on Applied Computing (ACM SAC 2008): Trust, Recommendations, Evidence and other Collaboration Know-how (TRECK) track.Presented at in Fortaleza, Ceará, Brazil. March 16 – 20.
- A. Adnane, Rafael Timoteo de Sousa Jr , Christophe Bidan , and Ludovic Mé. Integrating Trust Reasoning into Node Behaviour in OLSR, the 3-rd ACM International Workshop on QoS and Security for Wireless and Mobile Networks (Q2SWinet 2007). Presented at Chania, Crete Island, Greece.
- A. Adnane, Rafael Timoteo de Sousa Jr , Christophe Bidan , and Ludovic Mé. Analysis of the implicit trust within the OLSR protocol, IFIPTM07: Joint iTrust and PST Conferences on Privacy, Trust Management and Security. Presented at Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada (2007).