These are the conference papers and presentations for 2017 for Richard J Self
- Gaining Value from Big Data Analytics: A Governance Perspective, HPC and Big Data Conference, GovNet Events, Victoria Park Plaza, London, 1 Feb 2017. The slides are here and the video is here (focus corrects itself at 20 seconds)
- In God we Blindly Trust, but Beware Big Data Analytics, Analytics Finland 2017, Management Events, Helsinki, 14 Feb 2017. Slides are here, and the video is here
- Leadership: Can We? Should We?,
Data and Analytics The Netherlands 2017, Management Events, Spant!, Bussum, 8 March 2017, Slides are here . The video of the morning session is here and the video of the afternoon session is here The two sessions ended up being somewhat different in approach so it is probably worth watching both, with different emphasis on some of the points.
- Freedom to Inspire and Achieve Excellence, SAS Global Forum 2017, Orlando, Florida, 2 – 5 April 2017. Sample Assessment is here. Slides are here. Video will be here.
- Leadership, Trust and Governance for Digital Leaders, IT and Digital Leaders Conversation, Noord Group, Marlow, UK, 24-25 April 2017. Slides here and video here
- Software Testing for Big Data Analytics in the era of Uncertain Data Veracity, National Software Testing 2017, Millennium Gloucester Hotel, London 22 May 2017. Slides are here and the video is here
- Academic Leadership for Student Success, Keynote at IJAS, Montreal, 28 May 2017. Slides are here and the video is here
- “Giving Academic Presentations”, A Workshop at IJAS, Montreal, 28 May 2017. Slides are here and video is here
- Achieving Excellence in Learning and Assessment: Soft and Hard Skills by Innovative Design, at The 15th International Conference on Education and Information Systems, Technologies and Applications: EISTA 2017, Orlando, 8 – 11 July 2017. The Slides are here and the video is here
- Ethics, Trust and Governance in Higher Education Curricula for Data Science and Analytics, 5th BDA EdCon 2017, Langkawi, Malaysia, 15 – 16 July 2017. The slides are here and the video is here
- Students Achieving Excellence without Exception: Confirmed by Learning Analytics, A Tutorial / Workshop for LTEC 2017 and KMO 2017, Beijing, 21-24 August 2017
- Making Coursework Feedback Effective, A Workshop at University of Derby, College of Engineering & Technology, 5 Sept 2017.This describes a way of using a formal final draft review of students’ assignments in order to allow them to use the formative review to improve their work before final submission.
It is a way of making formative feedback actionable in a way that gives a direct link between the feedback, so that it can instantly feedforward into their work. This is unlike the usual situation where the feedback on the final submission cannot be used immediately and the student is left wondering about its relevant to future assignments. As a result most students almost never look at the feedback that they get with their assignments.
- Can we? Should We? Leadership, Big Data Analytics and Algorithmic Transparency, Business Analytics 2017, Management Events, Zurich, 27 September 2017. The video is here and the slides are here.
- We Can but Should We? Leadership, Big Data Analytics and Algorithms, Business Analytics 2017, Management Events, Copenhagen, 4 October 2017. The slides are here and the video is here
- Leadership: We Can but Should We? Finance, Big Data Analytics and AI, 600 Minutes CFO, Management Events, Vienna, 8 October 2017. The slides are here and the video is here for the morning session and here for the afternoon session (although the last 15 minutes were not recorded due to a battery problem) The content of the two sessions is significantly different so both are worth watching)
Return to Conferences page