These are my conference papers and presentations for 2016
- Students Learning Software Programming: Innovative Strategies for Learning and Assessment, HEA STEM 2016, Nottingham, 29 Jan 2016. Slides are here and video is here
- Big Data and Analytics Retail Skills Gap Workshop, Big Data and Analytics Retail Summit 2016, London, 18 Feb 2016. The slides are here and the video is
- Location Services: Student Research,Staff Seminar, 2 March 2016, University of Derby. Video here and slides here
- Visualising A Career Full of Data, invited keynote address, TORCH 2016 ( see http://orchallenge.org/), University of Toronto, 19 March 2016, Slides are here and Video is here
- Assessing Undergraduate and Postgraduate Hard and Soft Skills in Analytics and Data Science Courses, SAS Global Forum 2016, Sands Convention Center, Las Vegas, 19 April 2016, see http://www.sas.com/en_us/events/sas-global-forum/sas-global-forum-2016.html, Slides are here and the video is here
- Governance of Big Data and Analytics to Gain Value from Location Services in the Retail Sector, a keynote talk at the Pan European StrategyForum Retail, held at the Crowne Plaza – Fira Centre in Barcelona, 22 April 2016. The slides are here and a rather low quality video is here
- Keynote Address: Giving Effective Academic Presentations, at International Journal of Arts and Sciences Multi- Disciplinary Conference, Toronto, Canada, May 2016. Video is here and slides are here
- Workshop: Inspiring Undergraduates to High Achievement in STEM (and other) Subjects, at International Journal of Arts and Sciences Multi- Disciplinary Conference, Toronto, Canada, May 2016. Video is here and slides are here.
- Governance of Big Data and the IoT to Gain Value for the Manufacturing Sector, Connect BI 2016, The Hennik Group, Hallam Conference Centre, London, United Kingdon W1W 6JJ, 14 June 2016. Slides are here
- IoT and Analytics Track Chair, Cloud and DevOps World 2016, 22 June 2016, Olympia, London.
- Big Data Analytics Driven Decision Making:
Who makes the Decisions, Man or Machine?, Cloud and DevOps World 2016, 22 June 2016, Olympia, London. Slides here and Video here
- Learning to Program using Immersive Approaches: A Case Study
Learning SAS®, IBM Bluemix and Watson Analytics, iLRN 2016, UCSB, Santa Barbara, 27 – 30 June 2016. The video is here and the slides here
- Facilitating Soft Skill Excellence in STEM subjects Leads to Outstanding Achievements, Promoting and Enhancing a high quality student learning experience, University of Derby, Buxton, 4 July 2016. The are slides here, the video is here
- Big Data and Getting the Best out of it, Connect ERP, The Hennik Group,Reading UK, 7 July 2016. The slides (extended to include an appendix of the 12 Vs of Big Data Governance) are here and the video is here
- Scholarly Activity: Value and Opportunities, College of Engineering and Technology Away Day, 5 Sept 2016. Slides are here and video is here
- Big Data Applications: Making them Deliver Value, Software Testing North 2016, York, UK, 28 Sept 2016. Slides are here and video is here.
- Data Governance: Aligning Your Brand Values with Data Regulation and Legal Compliance, Chief Data Officer Exchange for Financial Services, IQPC Exchange, Wembley Hilton, London, 19 Oct 2016. Slides are here and the video is here
- Students Achieving Excellence without Exception: Confirmed by Learning Analytics, Communities of Academic Practice Workshop, University of Portsmouth, 12 Dec 2016. The slides are here
Return to Conferences page