Here are my conference papers and presentations for 2014
- Visual Analytics deliverers insights into the UK University League Table, SAS Global Forum 2014, Washington DC, March 24-26, 2014, Co-Authors: S Berry, C Foyle and D Voorhis.
- Inspiring and Delivering Outstanding Student Excellence, Keynote Address at International Journal of Arts and Sciences Conference, Toronto, Canada, May 2014, to be published as a full article in the IJAS. The video of it is here.
- Impact of the “12 Vs” of Big Data on Questions of Ethics, Trust, Stewardship and Governance of Analytics. SAS Analytics 2014, Frankfurt, 5 June 2014 as an invited speaker. A presentation that links the concept of students learning by research and the opportunities for collaboration between analytics providers and consultants, users and educationalists to solve the Analytics skills shortage. This is a short interview about the presentation.
- Using SAS® for Research, Learning SAS, Developing Insights, Developing a Community of Practice, SAS Professionals Convention, Marlow, UK, 24 June 2014.
- BIG DATA ANALYTICS: a threat or an opportunity for Knowledge Management?, 9th International Conference on Knowledge Management in Organisations: Service and Cloud Computing; Santiago, Chile, 5 Sept 2014, ISSN 1865-1348, DOI 10.1007/978-3-319-08618-7, pp25-34, Lead Author Lesley Crane, co-author Richard Self, see R J Self KMO14 Presentation for the presentation slides identifying the impact of the 12 Vs of Big Data, identified by final year students in Feb 2014, on its reliability and value for corporate Knowledge Management systems and processes.
- Designing Big Data Analytics Programmes for Undergraduate and Masters Students, Big Data and Analytics EdCon 2014, Las Vegas, USA, 25-26 October 2014, D Voorhis, M Trovati and R Self. See link for all presentation slides and this link for the YouTube video of this presentation.
- Gaining Value and trust in the Internet of Things and Big Data, Analytics and Big Data 2014, London, 2-3 Dec 2014, presentation slides Gaining Value and trust in the Internet of Things and Big Data
- Panel member for discussion on training and education needs to Big Data Analytics, Analytics and Big Data 2014, London, 2-3 Dec 2014
- Governance Strategies for the Cloud, Big Data and other Technologies in Education, IEEE/ACM 7th International Conference on Utility and Cloud Computing, London, 8 Dec 2014, presentation slides Governance Strategies for the Cloud, Big Data and other Technologies in Education
Return to Conferences page