Welcome to IEEE/ACM BDCAT 2016
The organizing committee is delighted to invite you to IEEE/ACM* BDCAT 2016, the 3rd IEEE/ACM International Conference on Big Data Computing, Applications and Technologies, to be held in Shanghai, China on December 6-9, 2016. BDCAT 2016 will be held in conjunction with the 9th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Utility and Cloud Computing (UCC) 2016.
Note: Limited travel support might be available for US-based student authors, pending approval by National Science Foundation
Rapid advances in digital sensors, networks, storage, and computation along with their availability at low cost is leading to the creation of huge collections of data — dubbed as Big Data. This data has the potential for enabling new insights that can change the way business, science, and governments deliver services to their consumers and can impact society as a whole. This has led to the emergence of the Big Data Computing paradigm focusing on sensing, collection, storage, management and analysis of data from variety of sources to enable new value and insights.
To realize the full potential of Big Data, we need to address several challenges and develop suitable conceptual and technological solutions for dealing them. These include life-cycle management of data, large-scale storage, flexible processing infrastructure, data modelling, scalable machine learning and data analysis algorithms, techniques for sampling and making trade-off between data processing time and accuracy, and dealing with privacy and ethical issues involved in data sensing, storage, processing, and actions.
The IEEE/ACM International Conference on Big Data Computing, Applications and Technologies (BDCAT) is an annual international conference. The first two events were held in London (BDC 2014) and Cyprus (BDC 2015) respectively. In 2016, the conference has been expanded to explicitly include applications and renamed as BDCAT 2016. The conference aims to provide a platform for researchers to present their new discoveries, developments, results, as well as the latest trends in big data computing, Technologies and applications. BDCAT 2016 will be held in conjunction with the 9th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Utility and Cloud Computing (UCC 2016) at Tongji University, Shanghai, China.
Authors are invited to submit original unpublished manuscripts on a broad range of topics related to big data science, computing paradigms, platforms and applications.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
I. Big Data Science
- Big Data Analytics
- Innovative Data Science Models and Approaches
- Data Science Practice and Experience
- Algorithms for Big Data
- Novel Big Data Search Techniques
- Innovative data and Knowledge Engineering approaches
- Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery Approaches for Big Data
- Big Data Acquisition, Integration, Cleaning, and Best Practices
- Experience reports in Solving Large Scale Data Science Problems
II. Big Data Infrastructures and Platforms
- Scalable computing models, theories, and algorithms
- In-Memory Systems and platforms for Big Data Analytics
- Programming Systems for Big Data
- Cyber-Infrastructures for Big Data
- Performance evaluation reports for Big Data Systems
- Fault tolerance and reliability of Big Data Systems
- I/O and Data management Approaches for Big Data
- Energy-efficient Algorithms
- Storage Systems (including file systems, NoSQL, and RDBMS)
- Resource management Approaches for Big Data Systems
- Many-Task Computing
- Many-core computing and accelerators
III. Big Data Security and Policy
- Big Data Archival and Preservation
- Big Data Management Policies
- Data Privacy
- Data Security
- Big Data Provenance
- Ethical and Anonymization Issues for Big Data
- Big Data Compliance and Governance Models
IV. Big Data Applications
- Experience Papers with Big Data Application Deployments
- Big Data Applications for Internet of things
- Scientific application cases studies on Cloud infrastructure
- Big Data Applications at Scale
- Data streaming applications
- Mobile Applications of Big Data
- Big Data in Social Networks
- Healthcare Applications such as Genome processing and analytics
- Enterprise Applications
V. Visualization of Big Data
- Visual Analytics Algorithms and Foundations
- Graph and Context Models for Visualization
- Analytical Reasoning and Sense-making on Big Data
- Visual Representation and Interaction
- Big Data Transformation, and Presentation
Paper submissions due:
15 August, 2016 31 August, 2016
Notification of acceptance: 25 September, 2016
Camera ready papers due: 30 September, 2016
Early registration deadline: 30 September, 2016
Authors are invited to submit papers electronically. Submitted manuscripts should be structured as technical papers and may not exceed 10 letter size (8.5 x 11) pages including figures, tables and references using the following templates (latex, pdf, doc). Authors should submit the manuscript in PDF format and make sure that the file will print on a printer that uses letter size (8.5 x 11) paper. The official language of the meeting is English. All manuscripts will be reviewed and will be judged on correctness, originality, technical strength, significance, quality of presentation, and interest and relevance to the conference attendees. Papers conforming to the above guidelines can be submitted through the BDCAT 2016 paper submission system (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=bdsea2016).
Submitted papers must represent original unpublished research that is not currently under review for any other conference or journal. Papers not following these guidelines will be rejected without review and further action may be taken, including (but not limited to) notifications sent to the heads of the institutions of the authors and sponsors of the conference. Submissions received after the due date, exceeding length limit, or not appropriately structured may also not be considered. Authors may contact the conference PC Chair for more information.
Selected papers from BDCAT 2016 will be invited to extend and submit to the Special Issue on Big Data Computing in the IEEE Transaction on Cloud Computing, IEEE Transactions on Big Data and other leading journals.
Camera Ready Papers
Author’s Camera Ready Paper Formatting and Submission Instructions are available at:
Sponsored and Supported By